Saturday, December 26, 2009

9/30 - 'Empty Bed' [From 'Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic']


Here is my 9/30. This poem is from my book 'Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic. I was going through some things this past week which reminded me of this poem so I decided to share.

Empty Bed

I woke up this morning to an empty bed…
My side was warm but yours was cold…
Lifeless… no form… no breath… no love…
No imprint from your mind body and soul…
As I sat up I felt an uncomfortable breeze…
A breeze reminding me of the solitude that I feel now that you are gone…
I walked to the kitchen… no smell of breakfast… no lights, just darkness…
Clouds piercing through my window… no more sunshine from your love…
I went to work today… no ring on my phone… no text messages…
No surprise flowers or e-mails just to say hi…
Eight hours passed and no sign of you…
No reassurance that you and I are STILL you and I…
I come home… four walls… no life… no warm embrace…
Just me sitting alone… wondering where you are and why you haven’t called…
What happened to us?
The friendship we had… the phone calls… the laughs… the love made…
The sincere gestures… the open lines of communication…
It’s just as well… I have to face it…
I woke up this morning to an empty bed…
My side was warm but yours was cold…
Lifeless… no form… no breath… no love…
No imprint from your mind body and soul…
Yet I see you lying next to me…
Sleeping soundly… breathing deep…
Yeah, I can see that your body never left…
Your heart has though…
So why haven’t you told me yet?

© Tisean M. Bell Author of 'Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic' & 'ASC'

No comments: