
Another piece from my book... Enjoy!
Dear LoveLESS
Dear LoveLESS,
How are you doing? I rode past the infamous spot one day and you crossed my mind.
I sat there frozen in time wishing I could press rewind.
I wondered if you were mature now or if you were still the same.
Unsure… awkward… and complacent… holding onto pain…
I remembered when you discovered me and the thoughts I possessed…
I could tell that you needed something just a little different,
A little deeper to mark your soul refreshed.
I knew you were afraid of me.
Afraid of the feelings, the words, the actions, the possibilities…
I was indeed the freedom you never had in your life
But you just couldn’t accept that from me.
You didn’t want to let me in because you knew that if you did, I could get so deep…
That I would become on of the reasons the electricity sent from your mind
To your heart caused it to beat.
I would be the soft whisper in your ear that expressed to you
“You’re beautiful” like no one ever has.
I would teach you how to appreciate the ability to laugh.
I would be the reason you learned to smile and desire to climb heights unknown.
Instead of continuing to be fearful and stagnant at the bottom, letting go of your goals.
I would be the voice of reason when you wanted it all to end.
I would be your shoulder to lean on, your confidant, your FRIEND.
I wouldn’t lust after your body because it is indeed a temple.
I would show you that lovemaking is one of my careers and by that I mean MENTAL.
I would teach you one of life’s most valuable lessons.
The art of speaking your mind, it’s called SELF EXPRESSION.
In conversation with one another my eyes wouldn’t turn away.
Unlike what you are used to, I would value and consider every word you say.
You would envelop my thoughts, my being,
And when people would ask me I would show them.
With me you wouldn’t have to read those books with wishful thinking,
Our whole experience together would be a POEM.
When you look in the mirror do you see royalty?
Do you see that you are one of God’s most amazing gifts, far more precious than gold?
Do you see that you’re an angel, a sight to behold?
Do you see someone worthy of more than just sex?
Do you accept all of your layers, so thorough and complex?
Do you see that love isn’t you laying on your back or falling to your knees?
Love is a MOVEMENT but only for those who are FREE.
Free from the bondage, the captivity of your mind.
Love is an UNCONDITIONAL freedom, something I hope you find.
You think that you’re happy but I know that isn’t the case.
I tried to give you something REAL...
You gave me a slap in the face.
Too bad for you though, your heart I just couldn’t win.
But now I know why, because love has to start from WITHIN.
I understand why it just couldn’t be.
You have to learn to love YOU before you can ACCEPT love from ME.
When the student is ready the teacher will appear.
Let go of what you THINK you need.
Stop being trapped by fear.
At the end of the day I hope somehow you are blessed.
Learn to LOVE yourself MORE and the undeserving LESS.
~ T
© Tisean M. Bell Author of 'Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic' & 'ASC'
No comments:
Post a Comment