Monday, June 29, 2009

And If You Should Die Today


Life.
It's Crazy.
It's Beautiful.
It's Interesting.
It's Hard.
It's A Vapor.
It's Something We Are All Trying To Figure Out.

Over the past week there have been so many deaths it is unbelievable. I mean people de everyday and you don't hear about it. But do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you got THAT call. The one where someone who you love dearly is gone. Would you be okay with how things ended between you and them? Or would it be a lifetime of regret for the things unsaid, undone, unnecessary. You know the arguments, fights, name calling, yelling, strained relationships, inappropriate behavior. These things are so typical because we as human sometimes forget that we are just that: HUMAN. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. The end of the day isn't even promised honestly. So with all this death overwhelming our psyche right now I just want to urge people to attempt to make things right with those you love. Even if you are not speaking... Do so before it is too late. There is no worse feeling than the regret of not making a situation right before a person dies.

Also.. I wanted to take the time to urge everyone to find a peace with God. Accept him into your life. Some people believe in eternity and afterlife... some people don't. As for me I am saved by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He died for all of us and rose again on the 3rd day so that death would no longer have its sting. Just something to think about.

We are all here in the world for a purpose. We have to find our calling and common good. Most days life isn't about self serving acts. It is about selfless acts and being a vessel to help others. We have to come together in unity and love if we want to make this world a better place. It is only right.

These are just some thoughts that have been running through my mind with all these deaths going on. One of Michael Jackson's songs hit close to home for me after learning of his sudden passing. 'Man In The Mirror'. The lyrics to this song are so powerful. They make you think and I know for me they have caused me to just step back and evaluate who I am and what I am doing in this world.

I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My
Favourite Winter Coat
This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind
I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See
Their Needs
A Summer's Disregard,
A Broken Bottle Top
And A One Man's Soul
They Follow Each Other On
The Wind Ya' Know
'Cause They Got Nowhere
To Go
That's Why I Want You To
Know

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change)
(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,
Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish
Kind Of Love
It's Time That I Realize
That There Are Some With No
Home, Not A Nickel To Loan
Could It Be Really Me,
Pretending That They're Not
Alone?

A Willow Deeply Scarred,
Somebody's Broken Heart
And A Washed-Out Dream
(Washed-Out Dream)
They Follow The Pattern Of
The Wind, Ya' See
Cause They Got No Place
To Be
That's Why I'm Starting With
Me
(Starting With Me!)

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
(Ooh!)
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
(Ooh!)
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change)

Let's be better folks... My prayers go out to all people who have lost loved ones. Whether rich and famous or broke and nameless. Everyone needs care and concern.

Peace

No comments: