Thursday, April 2, 2009

Funny How God Speaks To Us


This is a random post but one I think is necessary. I went to the grocery store after class to get a few things to make dinner. There was a man behind me in line and we had an interesting conversation... It went something like this:

Man: ((taps me on shoulder)) Did you drop this? ((holds up a dollar))
Me: No sir I didn't drop it.
Man: Are you sure?
Me: Yes.
Man: Well do you need it?
Me: ((pause)) No that's okay.
Man: You sure? Go on take it.
Me: ((Laughs)) Thank you.
Man: Do you go to church?
Me: Yes.
Man: The bible says in order to be blessed you gotta bless somebody right?((smiles & laughs))
Me: ((laughs)) Yes.

It didn't hit me until after I walked out of the store but GOD moves in so many ways that I feel anyone who doesn't believe in him is just oblivious to life. I truly do feel that man was an angel entertaining me. He obviously must have been sent to teach me a valuable lesson. We as people spend so much time going for self and not realizing how we can move in someone else's life. I have been constantly praying that God will use me as a vessel to be a blessing to other people despite my own struggles.

Lately life has not been a crystal stare but I have been trying to stay faithful hoping that my faith pleases GOD and he will eventually bless me. I ask you... how have you blessed someone today? Or any other day for that matter? Are you constantly worried about self? Or do you take the time to put a smile on someone else's face and heart?

I am striving daily to do that. I want to be able to show others just how Good God is... in lieu of that I will just share a few things that show How good he is.

1. He sent his only son to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. Jesus was the lamb of God Slain for all of our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven with him. If you haven't accepted Jesus as your savior I urge you to do so. There is no way to do so without him. I in no way am trying to sound super religious. I am just a normal woman who messes up daily but has the blessing of asking God for forgiveness each and every time I do something wrong and being forgiven because of Jesus being there to bring those requests on my behalf. There is no time like the present to get atoned with God... tomorrow isn't promised... and although we all make mistakes God is always ready to forgive us.

2. I haven't worked consistently since January 2008. With the economy being as bad as it is, finances haven't been on my side. However God has blessed me enough to still sustain me with a roof over my head, clothes, on my back and food in my stomach. He has blessed me with people who love me and care enough to help me along in some way shape or form. I thank him for those THREE people because without them I would be lost. Through it all those tough times have definitely shown me how much God loves me because he is still supplying all my needs. Whenever I am feeling down I remember Matthew 6:19-34... if you haven't read it, check it out.

3. Have you ever just taken a look around you? Today was such a beautiful day... sunny and bright.. that is another example of how good God is. He woke you up to see another day that he made. You didn't have to be here breathing but you are. Have you ever thought about how beautiful some things in the world still are? And no I am not speaking about the latest material thing, ipod, cell phone, or car. I am speaking about tropical fish that we see on TV or when we go to an aquarium or on vacation to a foreign land or tropical state. Have you taken the time to actually pay attention to a horse galloping on a farm? Have you ever watched a blue jay or robin frolic on a window sill or in a tree? Have you ever caught a snowflake on your finger and saw the intricate design of it? No two are alike... those are just ways that show me how Good God is and that he is all around us despite this troubled world.

4. God was good enough to bless me with the gift of artistry and poetic words and thoughts. My gifts are not my own to take credit... they are HIS. He blessed me with those Gifts and I believe I was called to use them to serve him and be a light to other people in the world. I believe that is why I wrote a book... to help people with things they may be going through. Today my publisher e-mailed me the 1st galley of my book cover, spine, and back cover and I was just in awe. Like WOW... all of this is really happening! Through all the hardships here I am still going strong and pursuing something that was just a joke in conversation one day... Now it is definitely a great reality.To actually see something I produced professionally crafted and put together is a blessing in itself. I hope that whomever comes in contact with Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic will gain something from it. Or at least know that they aren't alone and know that we all come face to face with Love at one point or another... I am thankful that I had a chance to experience the things I did along with the things that I saw others go through in order to create such art. Kanye West said it best when he said... "If I hadn't been through the terrible things I've been through that I was the victim or cause of, that I couldn't deliver art on this level, that is the GOOD out of it."... This quote holds so true to life because I know God allowed me to go through those things so i could be his vessel and be used the way he saw fit. I grew into a better person and also learned to keep him at the center and forefront of my life because of the things I have gone through. It is just funny how God works sometimes. He is indeed always on time and ultimately always in control... remember that.

5. Finally, here are just a few verses that have really been helping me lately:

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Matthew 17:19-20 - Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

Matthew 6:19-34 - Don't store up treasures here on Earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, where thieves can break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where they will never become moth eaten or rusty and where they will be safe from thieves. Wherever your treasure is there your heart and thoughts will also be. Your eye is a lamp for your body. A pure eye lets sunshine into your soul. But an evil eye shuts out the light and plunges you into darkness. If the light you think you have is really darkness, how deep that darkness will be! No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despite the other. You cannot serve both God and money. So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life whether you have enough food or drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds, they don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith! So don't worry about having enough food, drink, or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned with all these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today is enough trouble for today.

Matthew 7:7 - Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened.

Matthew 7:12 - Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is the summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

In closing, even though that event earlier was around something as small as a dollar. In actuality it just showed that a kind word goes a long way and that God is always around us. Sometimes we just overlook the quiet places he tends to reside. Loving God for me does not mean being a hypocrite and throwing the Bible down a person's throat. My walk with God is simple... I make mistakes all the time but I am thankful that he always forgives and shows me grace and mercy even when I don't deserve it. As the saying goes: "Favor aint fair!" LOL If you don't have peace in your life try Jesus... "No Jesus, No Peace, Know Jesus, Know Peace"

Peace Everyone,

T

No comments: