
Today is Mother's Day and I read my daily bread which talks about how blessed people are to have Christian mothers who raised them up to love God. I have always been thankful for that but today it was just a little more profound to me. I remember when I was younger my mom took me to church like clock work. LOL. Sunday School, Childrens Church, Regular Church, Wednesday Night Bible Study, Friday Night Ministries and Awana Club. Vacation Bible School, and other various church programs. Back then I could not stand it! I didn't understand why I had to go to church so much until I got older. I think those lessons I learned truly set in about 2 years ago when I moved to New Jersey. Being in New Jersey caused me to have to be alone a lot. Along with struggling to make ends meet and just dealing with not having any family or many friends.
I specifically remember going through a tough time or having an issue and recalling a song I had heard in church when I was younger, or remembering a bible verse that matched exactly what I was going through at that time. There is a verse in the bible my mom always recites to me whenever I tell her how grateful I am that she raised me up in church which led me to getting saved at a young age: Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old; he will not depart from it.
This verse is so true because at 25 years old, I can still remember lessons I had learned around the age of 10. Things that apply to my life even today. Being in New Jersey has truly tested my faith. Even though I don't regularly attend church on Sunday I have to say that my relationship with God is stronger than ever. I pray almost every chance I get and I read my Bible daily. I started doing this because I felt that I could read so many other books but I never once read my Bible from cover to cover. of course I know many verses and stories but to actually read and study them in depth has really shown me a lot. Even though when I was younger I didn't understand why I had to go to church so much. I am now very glad I did because those things I learned have helped me in my darkest hour and most painful moments. I had to learn how to have that faith of a mustard seed my mom always talks to me about when I am going through something. I had to learn to be faithful and Trust in God fully which is something I am constantly learning daily. Man will fail you every time but God never will. I just have to have that faith: Matthew 17:20 - And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. (This verse touches me on so many levels)
So on this Mother's Day I just acknowledge how Good God has been to be and how he has blessed me with a Great Mother. One who stood by me and supports me. One who loved me enough to introduce me to Jesus. And though I am so far from perfect I know I would be dead right now if I was not his child. I know I would.
So I guess having said that I just truly hope that you know Jesus. He loves you and cares for you so much that he came into this world to die for ALL of your sins. He rose from the Dead on the 3rd day to take away the power of death and grant you eternal life. That is the greatest gift anyone can give you. How many people do you know will die for you? I know I don't know any who would except him and my mother. Not trying to preach because like I said I am not perfect by NO MEANS. But I do know that it is because of my relationship with Christ that I strive to be a better person each day.
Here are just a few verses that go along with what I have said:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved!" Romans 10:13
"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
Romans 10:9,10
Well... those are just a few verses that shows how much he cares. If you haven't done it... why don't you get to know him today? Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. And in today's world we all need something to give us hope and confidence that there is more to life than pain and suffering.
Thanks Mom for training me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment