Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Attention Love-A-Holics ((808's & Heartbreak Review + Random Stuff))


So it has been a minute since I decided to share pieces of my brain with the world... but i felt compelled to write given the relase of Kanye's new CD: 808's and Heartbreak... I must say I wasn't sure what to expect when I first heard that Kanye would be completely devoting his next LP to straight autotune. No diss to those who have used autotune and vocoders in the past. Much respect to Roger Troutman for being the pioneer of this movement in the 80s. If you don't know who he is google him! He's a legend! In any event when I heard the CD I fell in love with it! The musicianship is utterly amazing and Kanye is definitely pushing the envelope. I've read a few reviews of his CD and it seems to be pretty mixed... some people didn't like the autotune or the melancholy mood of the album. NEWSFLASH! You cannot expect Kanye to be the same man he was in 2004 when College Dropout made its debut! The man is hurt! Let him express himself. That's the problem with you so called hip hop fans... you all are so stuck in the Money, Hoes, and Clothes "movement". I use the term movement very loosely... because honestly today's music is garbage... I may as well put my horrible voice on autotune and sample a song loop it and create a catchy hook... It will most certainly be all over the airwaves in no time! WAKE UP People... I THANK Mr. West for this effort because it shows his growth as an artist and as a man. Material things aren't everything and you can't take them with you when your dead... Stop chasing money... start chasing meaningful relationships... a craft that you always wanted to learn... find your creator... Everything isn't about money!... So for those close minded piss ants who aren't feeling 808's yall are crazy! This album has heart! It show emotions! There's nothing wrong with expression... it is the reason the furious 5, run dmc, the beastie boys, and other pioneers in hip hop starting rhyming in the first place! Get it together people and stop falling victim to what these artists are considering "music"... A CHANGE is upon us in more ways then one... Embrace it or Deal with it... I applaud Kanye... My favorite CD of 08...


This album will definitely serve as inspiration for my book... dropping 2009... so stay tuned for that... Until next time... Peace and Blessings to all... and don't eat too much turkey on thursday!

No comments: