
StarChild Fact: I am always extremely nervous before shows. It's like the inside of my body is havin a bad party lol. I always worry about how my work will be perceived or if I can get over the jitters. But once I hit the stage its like I become a different person. I am a very shy person normally. But performing is a whole different realm for me.
I just wanted to take the time out to speak about the show I had last night at the Gala Theater in Washington DC. I really enjoyed the environment and getting to know fellow artists/poets. I was a great vibe. The majority of folks had a very humble attitude and genuine love and respect for each poet/artist. I really appreciate what Nelson Gadson and Jesse Gadson are doing. They are supporting this art and also getting the youth involved with their Non-Profit 'Wake Up DC' I think it is just wonderful because the youth do need an outlet and self expression is a great way to do that.
I thank everyone who sent well wishes and who were there to support the show. It was great and each time I perform I fall more in love with poetry and spoken word. To me, it is FREEDOM. It is AIR. It is my PURPOSE. I thank God for it. I am humbled by the love and support I am getting from people and it makes me want to strive to become a better writer and share my piece of the world with others. My aim is to uplift and inspire. I pray daily that I am doing that.
I also believe in this profession you have to be confident but there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. No matter how long I have been writing and performing I will always have humility because God didn't have to choose me to share this with people. He could've easily chosen someone else or he can take it away. So I will remain humble. In my eyes it is not about who is better or worse. It is about who we touch with what we voice.
Please support poets. We are changing lives and the world one piece at a time... Believe that!
PS- 'Narratives Of A Love-A-Holic' available on www.amazon.com www.barnesandnoble.com www.authorhouse.com OR if you would like a signed copy. Simply e-mail me at iamaloveaholic@gmail.com
Be Blessed!
T
No comments:
Post a Comment